Monday, January 5, 2009

Dyin' For Derby

While there has been Derby action since the Nationals, it's been fairly quiet on the public side for TRD through the holidays.  Waiting for the 2009 TRD Season 6 schedule, which I'm hearing has dropped the double header format.  Also, Sami Automatic was elected the new TRD president.  

New WFTDA rankings should be out for the new year also.  Expect the top four to match the Nationals results, but may see some movement in the top ten.  I'm thinking Rat City is going to drop several spots, and I hope that Duke City stays in the upper tier.  Though Gotham defeated them by a significant margin, GGRD did that to everyone.  

Once I get a bit more information, it'll be time for the 2009 predications.  I was average for 2008.  Maybe I'll improve after seeing all the action in '08.

Been quiet here for too long.  Still haven't decided the use of this blog vice the Rock'N'Roller blog at the AZ Daily Star site.  The other blog provides a broader media coverage, and more people have seen it and linked to it.  However, I can post to this one anytime. 

In general, this blog will likely have more of my point of view, and I'll stick more to the facts of the matter at RNR.

Looking forward to 2009 flat track derby action.  There's a new Roller Derby Rocks episode starting Tuesday, 6 Jan, on Cox Digital 120, and repeats Saturday on Cox 98/Comcast 73.  I attempted to not be so spazzy, but expect that I failed.  

Semper Derby!

Don B.  

No comments: